Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cows!

Wiggy in a standoff, solved by a go bye
Jack's first time on cows, I think. I forget.

Nari rounding up the last one to put into the gate

Brick shoving them through the mud into the pen

See that little blue dot on the left, that's Brick. Holding them at that distance.

Took Brick, Jack, Pow, Kestrel, Wiggy, Joy, Nari and Cruz out to practice cows. Took some pics, but being winter, the light was against us. Everyone did very well except Wiggy, who is just being a jerk. Brick was calm and listening to me, going out nice and wide with a few reminders, Joy was nice and wide, with no sign that she took being kicked in the head as scary, although she did take nearly every stop! Kestrel was thrilled to be working cows again, happy tail tail and all, worked decently wide and confident. Nari wanted them, bad, and while she'd take her stops, she wouldn't hold them, like when I'm trying to do the gate latch, etc. She took her flanks, and the two larger cows attempted to run her off - she ran, looked at me, I told her to get 'em, and she whirled around and went after them at a run. I don't think I've every seen her so confident - maybe we just ditch sheep with her for a while. Cruz, like with the goats/sheep and ducks, wanted them, wasn't terribly worried about them, and was typical 4mo old puppy, distractable.

Kestrel taking them up the chute


Joy driving them out of the chute up the fenceline

Cruz, sure he can take them on, they aren't that big

No comments: