Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It wasn't the CPAP, it was rain

Woke up at 3amish,3:30ish,4ish, and kept trying to get Marq to fix his CPAP machine, since it sounded disconnected. Woke up fully at 4:30am to harass him to find that it wasn't the machine, it was the heavy downpour on the roof. Guess my brain couldn't figure out the type of noise, it was very similar. It was trying at any rate to get me to fix the emergency.

I went outside to check on the goblets and found that, while it was ankle deep water in the backyard, they were fine in the new coop, but I brought them in just in case it got worse. I and Pow bundled the little sleepy babies into a cat litter pan, and ran them inside.

Now they are in a dog crate in the living room. They have very piercing complaint cries, and are very annoying. They want a glass of water. They want more food. Better accomadations. More rights for turkeys. Lower the drinking age. Fresh fruit. More dogs to peck.

Sigh.

For those of you interested, I'll try to find out their current weights, but they are between snack size and lunch size. Probably about a well fed quail is my guess, but growing rapidly.

No comments: