Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Coming along

They are doing more and more pooping outside, which is great. Plenty of outdoor time with them, with Jack, Brick or Whiskey out to babysit - all three are stable and don't react to sawing, lawn mowers, etc in the neighborhood. We have a pretty active neighborhood for a rural one, so large clanking equipment, small engines, and random gunfire are common.
They are all into the flirtpole and it is quite hard if I get more than one puppy on there at a time - I just have to wait until one drops off, which takes them quite a while. Persistence is a good thing. I've done a few outs for food though.

Random rewarding of sits sessions is fun. They are in the phase where they might sit behind me and assume that I can see 360 degrees. They'll get over that quickly though. Making sure each puppy gets the treat I'm handing to them and them only is developing self control and correct reading of my intention. Bob was great in the voluntary sits this morning, he's getting it.

Ears are everywhere and nowhere. Both up. Both down. Both low. Both high, but tipped. One up, one down. Changes nearly every day right now. Bane of a sheltie breeder's existence (who hasn't worked on natural set) - ears.

No comments: