Monday, March 11, 2013

Want ad

Pondering placing a want ad:

Looking for husband:   Must be a sheltie who is friendly and quiet to share moments of high energy while biting naughty sheep. Prefer a man under 16" who does not waste time spinning.  A good work ethic is required.  Merles need not apply. If this is you please call my mom, Claire.


Seriously though.  Looking at potential sires for upcoming litters. Must have herding instinct (I'll be happy to test them for free, or pay to have them tested) and I prefer that they grip (wild is fine, barking is not). I do not like barking, so I prefer boys that don't bark while playing, don't bark at their people and definitely don't bark while working in whatever work they do.  No spinning allowed. No fear issues, confident, aloof with strangers fine. Must be good out and about. Heat tolerance preferred, and weather tolerance preferred.  17 inches and less, 14.5 to 15.5 ideal.  Head details can be variable, but I need a boy with a good rear end, sloped croup, and generally matching angulation.  Any solid color is fine, I'm more concerned with what's in the package than on the package.  Must be OFA good or excellent, MDRI n/m or n/n, clear eyes and I can help on health clearances if you don't know what they are or how to get them done. The boy can be a pet, performance dog, show dog - just has to be the right dog.

I'm trying to keep genetic variability, so avoiding Northlight, Trinity, Jusdandy and Faerie lines for now so I can cross back in later.

At any rate, if you see a dog I'd be interested in, let me know. Heck, could be at the dog park, you never know.Pow wasn't a show or performance bred dog, but look what he's produced.

email me at dogtraining at gmail dot com

No comments: