Thursday, March 18, 2010

How time flies....

In another week, week and a half, I'll have my 3rd litter ever. I haven't had a litter for 4.5 yrs. That's quite a while. Haven't had a puppy for 3, going on 4 yrs.

Dean went in for surgery to remove a suspicious looking keloidy thing he's had for about 5 yrs. Realized he's 9. 9. Acts like he did at 3. Moves like he always has- smooth.

Measured Albert, in case I can find some new gear at the local used tack sale on Sat. I'd been thinking of his last measure, which was who knows when. But, after taking the tailor's tape, and measuring right behind the elbow around his ribcage, and his length from point of shoulder to pin bone - and running the calculator ( heart girth x heart girth x length/300 for beef, subtract a bit for dairy, he's neither one but somewhere between) - GAH!

He's over 800 lbs now. And more like between 850 and 900. When the hell did that happen?
No wonder his harness doesn't fit right - he's grown a lot. Good thing I don't have giant breed dogs - I'd be suffering the same problem. It is like when I went to run Dean in his first UKC obedience trial. He was young, I'd forgotten to check his height and jump height, and he had to check in with me to make sure I wanted him to jump that terribly high thing. He'd grown so much that I hadn't been thinking he would be the next height up!!

No comments: